Excited to be running for a Councillor seat in the Township of Langley! Please read my brief biography and my focus issues to gain some perspective on my campaign. I'm pleased to answer questions posted here or those received via email. Thanks for visiting my site.
I am an ethical leader who works collegially and collaboratively. If elected as a TOL Councillor, I will work diligently to enhance the lives of Langley residents by making responsible, informed decisions and implementing effective policies, procedures and programs.
- Married to George Costello, blended family of four children.
- Resident for 23 years, Fort Langley
Born and educated in Halifax:
- BA – Psychology & Sociology;
- Ed. in Secondary Education,
- Ed. in Special Education;
- Doctoral level courses and exams completed re: Leadership in Education, dissertation not complete (University of San Diego)
- City of Halifax: Social Service Worker
- S., MB, B.C., CA: Teacher; District Co-ord.; VP; Principal; Assistant Superintendent; Adjunct Professor; LTA Union President & BC Teachers’ Federation Provincial Executive
- Small business owner – Bed & Breakfast
2016 - Recipient: “CLC Advancement of Intellectual Freedom in Canada Award, in recognition and honour of courageous public commitment shown for intellectual freedom in Canada”.
Please vote Gail Chaddock-Costello October 20th.
Getting to know your Candidate for TOL
Graduating high school and earning multiple university degrees was not the expectation in my neighbourhood. However, success builds on success and each achievement encouraged me to set and meet new goals.
During high school, university and several professional careers I successfully initiated many community actions. Raising my voice for worthy causes became a hallmark of my life. Some of my local work includes:
- Langley Special Education Inquiry
- Three very successful local rounds of bargaining
- Support for Jose Figueroa
- Historical plaque honouring Connie Jervis
- Two “Dialogue on Debt” forums
- LGBTQ and Aboriginal equity work
- Djiba Camara’s “Drop off for Africa”
- “Save the Coast” rally
- Two Social Justice Conferences
- O.L.F. protecting endangered forests and wildlife
- TOL presentations regarding heritage preservation
I am a hard-working, ethical leader prepared to stand up for you, your issues and commit my energies to addressing the needs of our Langley community.
Please vote Gail Chaddock-Costello October 20th